The 8th Global Order of Dignitaries and Philanthropists (G.O.D) Awards have recognized His Royal Majesty King Oyo as Royal Man of East Africa.
The awards held at Anaheim Convention Center, California also saw Queen Mother of the Kingdom of Tooro, Her Royal Highness Olimi Best Kemigisha awarded for her role in promoting education and women empowerment in Uganda.
The G.O.D Awards were held by We Care for Humanity (WCH) in collaboration with Global Community Foundations and co-chaired by H.E Ivo Josipovic, 3rd president of Croatia; H.E Rosalia Arteaga former president of Ecuador; H.E Dr Stephen Kalonzo Musyoka, 10th Vice President of Kenya and Hon. Lou Correa, Congressman, 46th District of California.
The awards recognized the humanitarian efforts of 16 philanthropists as listed below:
- His Royal Majesty King Oyo (Rukirabasaija Oyo Nyimba Kabamba Iguru Rukidi IV) King of Tooro, Uganda as ROYAL MAN OF EAST AFRICA
- His Majesty Yadou Abalounorou Zibrila, King of Badjoude Community Ouake, Benin as NOBLE KING OF AFRICA
- His Majesty Petoni Koda Vi, King of Djougou, Republic of Benin as ROYAL MAN OF WEST AFRICA
- Hrh Prince Alassane Ouorou Karimou, Président of P-MaREDeL ONG, Benin as HUMANITARIAN ROYAL OF AFRICA
- H.H. Prince Anastase Guezo, Minister and Second Advisor of King of Royal Palace of Abomey, BENIN as ROYAL LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
- Sam Pitroda, Chairman, Global Knowledge Initiative as GLOBAL HUMANITARIAN FOR SUSTAINABLE INNOVATIONS
- Hon. Usha Ramanlal Naik, Senior Leader of Brahma Kumaris as SPIRITUAL & WELLNESS AMBASSADOR
- Nadeem Nusrat, Chairman of South Asia Minorities Alliance Foundation as THE VOICE OF MINORITIES’ RIGHTS AND RELIGIOUS FREEDOM
- H.E. Iv Sry, Adviser to Ministry of Interior, Cambodia as WOMAN OF HONOR OF ASIA
- Kimly Lim, President of Family Agricultural Dev. Community as HUMANITARIAN ICON OF CAMBODIA
- Dr. Jayrendra Shah, Medical Director of Rehab & Chronic Pain Clinic as HUMANITARIAN LEGACY AWARD
- Mrs. Usha Shah, President of Federation
- David Gallup, President of World Service Authority as HUMAN RIGHTS ICON
- David E. Kenney, Esq., Managing Partner of Kenney & Kroff Lawyers as DEFENDER OF THE TRUTH and HUMANITY
- Dr. Kelly Nguyen, CEO of IDLogic as EXCELLENCE IN HEALTH & WELLNESS
The awards also recognized the founder H.H. Princess Maria Amor Torres.
H.H. Princess Maria Amor Torres, soon to be “Sulutan A Bae A Gaus of Minsupala (The first and only female Sultan and Queen of Power of Mindanao, Sulu and Palawan” received the Medal of Merit from the Prime Minister of the Royal Kingdom of Cambodia for her unwavering support to Save Nature Cambodia in planting a total of 700,000 trees in the country. Founder H.E. Oknah Dr. Sam Dararath along with the other delegation from Cambodia felicitated the award.
In addition, Princess Maria was honored as “Princess of Humanity” by the Brahma Kumaris headed by sister Usha Naik, and a self-portrait was gifted to Amor by a special artist with disability from Vietnam.
In her acceptance speech, Tooro Queen Mother Best Kemigisha thanked Princess Maria and hoped to host one of the award ceremonies in Uganda.
“I appreciate We Care for Humanity and Princess Maria for being there for humanity and for her undying dedication, be blessed. I look forward to convene the G.O.D. Africa in Uganda along with the collaboration of the Association of Queens and Princesses of Africa.” – beautiful words by Her Royal Highness Best Olimi Kemigisa, Queen Mother of Tooro Kingdom who also presented the Congressional Certificates from Congressman Lou Correa to the participants of the 8th G.O.D.