JUSTICE CATHERINE BAMUGEMEREIRE’S NOMINATED FOR SUPREME COURT VACANCY
The Judicial Service Commission has short listed 13 Candidates for position of Justice of the Supreme Court of Uganda.
They are Justice Geoffrey W.M. Kiryabwire, Justice Elizabeth Musoke, Justice Catherine Bumugemereire , Justice Hellen Abulu Obura, Justice Bashiraki Cheborion, Justice Ezekeil K. Muhanguzi, Justice Musota Stephen, Justice Percy Night Tuhaise, Justice Murangira Joseph ,Justice Mike Chibita, Justice Adonyo-Atim Henry Peter, Brig. Charles Wacha Angulo, and Mr. Baku Raphael.
Justice Catherine Bamugemereire is the current Chairperson of the Land Probe Commission that has unearthed a lot in the management of land in Uganda.
Justice Mike Chibita is the current Director of Public Prosecution appointed by President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni to make sure the office improves prosecution.
Uganda Law Society secretariat has written asking its members over the names published to have a meaningful contribution.
“The Uganda Law Society is soliciting for information relating to the attached list of Judicial Officers under consideration for the position of Justice of the Supreme Court. Kindly advise us on what you may know about these officers with tangible evidence”.
Uganda Law Society has provided an email for members to provide evidence.
“Please share any comments with the ULS Inquiry Committee on : firstname.lastname@example.org, kindly be advised that you may be contacted as a follow-up on your comments”.
Uganda Law Society wishes all the candidates the best.
President Yoweri Museveni will appoint the successful candidate to the Supreme Court to replace Justice Lillian Tibatemwa-Ekirikubinza who joined the Court of Appeal in Seychelles.
Other members on the bench of Uganda’s Supreme Court are,
1. Hon. Justice Bart Magunda Katureebe (Chief Justice)
2. Hon. Lady Justice Dr. Esther Kitimbo Kisaakye
3. Hon. Lady Justice Stella Arach-Amoko
4. Hon. Justice Eldad Mwangusya
5. Hon. Justice Rubby Aweri Opio
6. Hon. Lady Justice Faith Essy Mwondha
7. Hon. Lady Justice Prof. Lillian Tibatemwa Ekirikubinza
8. Hon. Justice Richard Buteera
9. Hon. Justice Paul Kahaibale Mugamba
10. Hon. Justice Jotham Tumwesigye (Ag. JSC)
11. Hon. Justice Augustine S. Nshimye (Ag. JSC)